I love the red one, and I like the idea of the yellow/multi one, but. . . it didn't cohere perfectly. The big purple eyebrow at the top looks clunky and out of place, but I needed somewhere to put my satin stitch. Also the yellow-on-yellow doesn't show up much. I knew I wanted a gold tone in there but this one was just too close to the fabric color. I used what I had around.
I do love the way the shading stitch came out, though. Funny, that stitch never looks very good until you step back from it. And I like the way the 3-part motif ended up at the bottom.
The yellow one as you can see is mounted in the hoop; the red one is sewn over a piece of foamcore board.
I am so glad I did two of them because they have such different looks. Hopefully they will attract students to take the class!