The finished quilt.
I tried to do some arty, casually-thrown-over-a-fence photos a la Material Obsession, but this is all I could get. At least they look better than the ones where I tried to drape the whole thing over the couch.
( More )
I admit that I rushed through the binding a bit, as usual. I cannot even imagine hand-sewing the binding down. Instead, I like to sew the binding to the wrong side, then flip it to the right side and topstitch. That way, the nice straight topstitch line is on the good side, the wonky one is on the back, and I can do it all by machine.
I started this project almost a year and a half ago, so it’s amazing to finally have it done and out of my sewing room. I really want to do something simple for my next quilt. The complex stars in this one were fun, but I also like the look of something less fussy. Plus you can go more scrappy with a simpler design.