is nearly done. I finished the collar yesterday. Instead of giving it a tight bind-off and then folding and sewing it down, as the pattern suggested, I folded it and grafted the live stitches to the pick-up row. It's stretchy but secure. If it gets warped and loose over time, I can always rip it our and re-do, or perhaps crochet-chain a stabilizing row along the base of the collar.A new scarf, the Peacock Tail and Leaf
from the modern Estonian Lace book is up next, with my fancy yarn from Shepherd's Harvest. I ordered a set of Brittany sz. 3 needles last week because not one single yarn store in the area had a wood #3, and they are taking for-ev-er to arrive. I am becoming ridiculously obsessed with checking the porch for the mail. Until they arrive, I am basically twiddling my thumbs and working on dull filler projects.
I've also picked up my Spring Quilt
again, though it is definitely no longer spring. I put it aside to finish the picnic dresses a couple months ago. Now I have all the blocks sewn and I'm assembling them with the sashing. Once the top is done, I will probably set it aside again and quilt it this winter, when I have less going on.
After that, it's more costume-y stuff, yay!