( back view )
The only reason I am bothering to blog this is because it was way more complicated than I expected it to be.
Got the chair for $10 at Goodwill. Good enough condition but the cushions were so ratty and gross (I really should have done a “before” picture!). Before I threw them out, I traced their shape to make new ones. I got this upholstery-weight cotton at Treadle and some 2” thick foam at Jo-Ann. The foam was a nightmare to cut; I tried a serrated bread knife, then a scissor, then I finally broke down and bought a cheapo electric carving knife at Ace Hardware for $12, which worked like a dream. I still had a few rough spots but it was acceptable.
Shoving the foam into the covers was hard, but I am glad I made them fit tightly. They attach to the chair with Velcro self-fabric loops, like the original. I tried to center the designs, but inserting the foam made the fabric stretch slightly and it’s a teeny bit off now. When the bottom cushion is flipped over, the pattern continues from top to bottom, but I like the reverse a bit more.
I put it next to my bookcases where I have been wanting to create a reading nook since we moved in here. Now I just need a little table and a brighter bulb in that lamp.